This comprehensive manual covers all aspects of the law likely to affect illustrators. It contains recommended terms and conditions, advice on calculating fees, negotiating, copyright information, how to write a license agreement and be protected against exploitative practices…
Questions answered in the Guide include:
– My illustration is based in a photograph. Will I be in trouble?
– Is it OK to include a trademark in my illustration?
– I’ve been asked for ‘below-the-line’ rights. What are they?
– I’ve been asked to ‘waive my Moral Rights’. What are moral rights? What does ‘waiving them’ mean?
– My client says we have a contract, but I haven’t signed anything. Is she right?
“This essential guide to legal and business practice offers illustrators practical guidance on how to secure a fair deal and protect their rights. An indispensable resource for every illustrator.”
Helen Dutta, Copyright Adviser, Design and Artists Copyright Society
Buy your copy here